We can send your order anywhere within South Africa. All our items are warehouse packed for safe delivery. We ship all products by Track & Trace courier. This usually takes between 1-3 working days, depending on the delivery service in the destination area.
We normally ship our products within 1 business days unless requested otherwise. If we are unable to dispatch your order within 1 business day, we will contact and advise you of the expected dispatch date. All orders received by 8am will be despatched the same day any thereafter will despatch the following working day.
Please check your delivery address carefully, as we will not be responsible for a delivery to an incorrect address. The customer shall be held responsible for the cost to resend a parcel that is returned due to an incorrect address. If you are not available to take delivery it is your responsibility to liaise with the courier. Tracking numbers are available on request.
RETURNS POLICY FAULTY PRODUCTS
Please read carefully through the Returns Policy below. Once you’re satisfied that the item you wish to return meets all the criteria below, then please email us for a return request.
If Reef Aquatics has supplied an incorrect or defective product, we will exchange it for the correct item(s). Note that the image of the item not being the same as the item received does not constitute the grounds for a return. Images are for illustrative purposes only, as manufacturers and publishers are constantly changing the designs of their products, and as such, the appearance of the product is subject to change without notice. Note: If a return has been authorised, then the entire product, including the original packaging must be returned. If the item is not the same as what was ordered, this must be immediately reported within 24 hours of delivery. Any damage must also be reported within 24 hours of delivery.
Should your item develop a fault, contact the Reef Aquatics customer service team via email within 30 days (In many instances, particularly with motors and pumps, suspected faulty units can be remedied by the consumer simply taking apart and washing the internal parts, to remove sludge, lime scale, etc). The item must be returned to us by the customer.
You will receive confirmation of the return request during the next business day, and will receive emails from us detailing further procedures. If after 2 working days (Working days are Monday – Friday, excluding public holidays) you have not received a response from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reef Aquatics will adhere to the warranty periods and conditions of electronic products. These products usually have a warranty of 6 to 12 months. Warranty periods and conditions will be given to a customer upon request. Note that physical damage inflicted by the customer is not covered by warranties or guarantees and any such damage invalidates the warranty. Determination of what constitutes physical damage is done by the supplier of the item. When an item is found to be defective, it may be repaired, or the item alone (and not the packaging) may be replaced, or the entire package may be replaced. This is at the discretion of Reef Aquatics and its suppliers, and the sole obligation of Reef Aquatics and its suppliers to provide a working item in good condition. If an exact replacement is not available, a suitable alternative may be offered, or the item will be credited
Electronic goods can be returned for testing during the warranty period. If, however, it is found not to be faulty, or the item was physically damaged by the customer, or the defect is not covered by the warranty conditions, there is a shipping fee to and from the customer. Our suppliers will be the sole judge of what constitutes physical damage by the customer and if the defect is covered by the warranty conditions.
If a customer changes their mind or has purchased a product by mistake no refund will be given. A credit note will be issued and the item must be reach us within 7 days of purchase.
When an item is returned, it must be returned with all its original packaging and accessories. This includes, but is not limited to: cables, discs and manuals. In addition, all the suppliers’ barcode stickers and serial number stickers must still be attached to the product, and must not have been removed. Even accidental removal and re-attachment of the barcode sticker will void the warranty in most cases, as it will no longer be possible to verify exactly when that individual item was purchased.
Electronics such as LED lighting units, normal T5 units and aquarium controllers are not covered by our warranty if excessive salt corrosion occurs and damages the circuit board or components. Ensure you don’t expose your equipment to excessive salt creep as this will corrode and damage your product
Products may be returned only when defective, damaged, or if the product supplied is not the same product as what was ordered. If your item has been approved for return, we request that you send it back to us or advise otherwise. The item must be returned at the cost of the customer via courier, post office or a registered service where the item(s) can be signed for. Please package it carefully so that it does not become damaged en route. If an item reaches Reef Aquatics in a damaged condition, Reef Aquatics reserves the right to reject the return and have the item sent back, after the appropriate handling and shipping fees are paid by the customer. Please include a copy of your original invoice with any return.
If you have bought the product secondhand from somewhere else we will still honor the warranty with a valid receipt but the customer will bear the cost of getting the product to and from us. We can arrange our courier to collect and deliver back to you at your cost.
CREDIT CARD SECURITY
When an order is placed on our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather wish not to wait.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Reef Aquatics is not responsible or liable to any person or entity whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, damage (whether actual, consequential, punitive, special, or otherwise), injury, claim, liability, or other cause of any kind, or character whatsoever based upon or resulting from any information or opinions provided on the Reef Aquatics site, or from the use of, or the inability to use, the Reef Aquatics materials on the site.
You specifically agree that Reef Aquatics is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with the www.marine-aquarium.co.za site or any materials on the site, or with any of www.marine-aquarium.co.za Sales Terms & Conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Reef Aquatics site.
ONLINE SALES TERMS & CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to: Cancel any order placed on the Website, received by any means, for any reason whatsoever, included, but not limited to:
○ suspicion of fraud
○ stock unavailability
○ incorrect product information
○ incorrect product price
○ incorrect customer personal information
○ incorrect customer billing address
○ incorrect customer shipping address, and others.
• If an item is out of stock or discontinued, we can offer a refund on the courier fees or an alternative product at the price the alternative is advertised at. If the item is out of stock it will be marked at a zero cost and therefore not be available to purchase or dispatch.
• Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without any prior notice to you, the Customer, and we confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website or any of its parts.
• Change these Conditions from time to time and your continued use of the Website (or any part of the Website) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed and/or updated. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions stipulated here or anywhere on the www.marine-aquarium.co.za website, then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
1. Registered users may place orders for Goods, which Reef Aquatics may accept or reject. Whether or not Reef Aquatics accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorisation by Reef Aquatics for the Goods.
2. NOTE: Reef Aquatics will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and Reef Aquatics come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from Reef Aquatics stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. Reef Aquatics will indicate the rejection of your order (Reef Aquatics) by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
3. Prior to delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may return the Goods only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
4. Placing Goods in a wishlist or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold Reef Aquatics liable if such Goods are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
5. You acknowledge that stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of Goods for sale Reef Aquatics will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, Reef Aquatics will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.
If Black Friday sale items sell out and stock is depleted we are unable to offer a replacement or alternative. If customers checkout simultaneously and stock depletes we can only offer the sale item to the customer who checks out first. We are only able to offer a refund to customers who have purchased any items in the Black Friday sale if an item sells out and cannot replace any items purchased.
Sign up to get exclusive offers from our favorite brands and to be well up in the news